Home Travel Grants
FEBS YTF Awards
Travel grant applications (YTF)
By the deadline of APRIL 15, 2022, 11:59 pm (UTC+1)
A limited number of FEBS Youth Travel Funds (YTF) Awards are available to support participation of early-career scientists in this event. These funds will cover the registration fee (including costs of breakfast, lunch, coffee and dinner breaks at the venue, and shared accommodation in apartment houses). The selection of applicants to receive FEBS YTF awards will be carried out by the Course Organizers based on merit (CV, Motivation letter etc.), and approved by the FEBS Treasury Office according to the FEBS YTF eligibility criteria.
Eligibility criteria for applicants travelling from the FEBS area of Europe and neighbouring regions:
- The applicant should be not older than 35, should be registered as a PhD student at an institute of higher learning in a country where there is a FEBS Constituent Society or should be a postdoctoral scientist within five years of having completed a PhD thesis, working in a country where there is a FEBS Constituent Society;
- The applicant must be a member of a FEBS Constituent Society and provide a valid certificate of membership (for FEBS Constituent Societies, see the Our Members section of the FEBS website);
- The applicant should not have received a grant from the Youth Travel Fund to attend a FEBS Course / Workshop in the current year or previous year, nor a Bursary to attend the FEBS Congress in the current year, nor a grant to attend the FEBS Young Scientists’ Forum in the current year;
- The applicant cannot be a resident of the country hosting the event;
- For awards with travel funding, only travel within the FEBS area from the applicant’s current country of residence to the country hosting the FEBS event is supported;
- Young scientists from the Organizers’ laboratories are not eligible for FEBS YTF awards.
Complete a 'Travel Grant Applicant' registration order through the registration/abstract submission portal on this event website by entering your details on the registration form and selecting the travel grant waiver option. You will receive an automated 'order received email' with a reminder on other steps.
During this process, upload a single file (accepted formats are pdf and zip) containing all supporting documents for your application:
- the name and address of your lab head/supervisor and letter of recommendation
- a summary of your reasons for applying to the event and your research interests (max 300 words)
- a concise CV (max 2 pages)
- for applicants for FEBS Youth Travel Fund awards, your Constituent Society membership proof, age id and proof of status
Submit your abstract via the 'My abstract' tab in the registration/abstract portal. Abstract submission is mandatory for consideration of your application. See the Abstract section of the website for more details.
An ‘order received e-mail’ message with full instructions on how to pay is automatically sent to your inbox when you complete an order. An 'order confirmed e-mail’ message will be sent to you when organizers receive the fund and confirm your registration payment. Notification on abstract assessment will be made later, by MAY 30, 2022.
Travel grant applicants
An ‘order received e-mail’ message with a reminder on other steps will be automatically sent to your inbox when you complete an order. Notification on outcomes of travel grant applications will sent by email. Unsuccesful travel grant applicants will be invited to switch their application to a regular registration with payment.