The conference hotel dasMEI offers a special COVID protection concept ensuring a safe meeting. Flyers and information signs with updated rules will accompany all attendants during the workshop and the organizers count on your support and cooperation. For a COVID-19-update and more detailed information on the current entry regulations to Austria click HERE.
Application and Selection
The total number of course participants including speakers is limited to 100 persons to facilitate interactions between young scientists and invited speakers. The target audience is PhD students and postdoctoral fellows.
How to register
By the deadline of MAY 15, 2022, 11:59 pm (UTC+1)
- Register via the blue "Register / Login" button in the upper right corner of the Welcome page of the Website by entering your email address, creating a password, and clicking access.
- Complete a registration order through the registration/abstract submission portal by entering your details on the registration form and choosing a payment method. You will receive an automated 'order received email' with full instructions of how to pay, and a copy of the order in PDF
- Submit your abstract via the 'My abstract' tab in the registration/abstract portal. Abstract submission is optional but recommended for networking at the event, and is mandatory for application for travel grants – see below. See the abstract section of the website for more details.
A limited number of FEBS Youth Travel Funds (YTF) Awards are available to support participation of early-career scientists in this event. These funds will cover the registration fee (including costs of breakfast, lunch, coffee and dinner breaks at the venue, and shared accommodation). The selection of applicants to receive FEBS YTF awards will be carried out by the Course Organizers based on merit (CV, Motivation letter etc.), and approved by the FEBS Treasury Office according to the FEBS YTF eligibility criteria.
Travel grant applications (YTF)
By the deadline of APRIL 15, 2022, 11:59 pm (UTC+1)
Eligibility criteria for applicants travelling from the FEBS area of Europe and neighbouring regions:
- The applicant should be not older than 35, should be registered as a PhD student at an institute of higher learning in a country where there is a FEBS Constituent Society or should be a postdoctoral scientist within five years of having completed a PhD thesis, working in a country where there is a FEBS Constituent Society;
- The applicant must be a member of a FEBS Constituent Society and provide a valid certificate of membership (for FEBS Constituent Societies, see the Our Members section of the FEBS website);
- The applicant should not have received a grant from the Youth Travel Fund to attend a FEBS Course / Workshop in the current year or previous year, nor a Bursary to attend the FEBS Congress in the current year, nor a grant to attend the FEBS Young Scientists’ Forum in the current year;
- The applicant cannot be a resident of the country hosting the event;
- For awards with travel funding, only travel within the FEBS area from the applicant’s current country of residence to the country hosting the FEBS event is supported;
- Young scientists from the Organizers’ laboratories are not eligible for FEBS YTF awards.
During this process, upload a single file (accepted formats are pdf and zip) containing all supporting documents for your application:
- the name and address of your lab head/supervisor and letter of recommendation
- a summary of your reasons for applying to the event and your research interests (max 300 words)
- a concise CV (max 2 pages)
- for applicants for FEBS Youth Travel Fund awards, your Constituent Society membership proof, age id and proof of status
An ‘order received e-mail’ message with full instructions on how to pay is automatically sent to your inbox when you complete an order. An 'order confirmed e-mail’ message will be sent to you when organizers receive the fund and confirm your registration payment.
Travel grant applicants
An ‘order received e-mail’ message with a reminder on other steps will be automatically sent to your inbox when you complete an order. Notification on outcomes of travel grant applications will sent by email. Unsuccesful travel grant applicants will be invited to switch their application to a regular registration with payment.
Registration fees include access to the event sessions, name badge, certificate of attendance, abstract book, meals and refreshment breaks, and accommodation from 4th to 7th of July 2022 in the conference hotel dasMEI. Travel costs are not covered. Meals/refreshments covered by the registration fees are: Breakfasts, coffee breaks, lunch buffets and dinners at the venue (Hotel dasMEI) or at a social event outside.
Accommodation in the hotel dasMEI or in the accompanying Muttererhof in single or shared rooms, according to your registration order and fee payment, will be arranged by the course organizers. Arrival: JULY 4, 2022; departure: JULY 7, 2022 (please note that any extra nights must be organized by the participants themselves at their own expense).
|Senior Scientist - single room||1.190,00 €|
|Senior Scientist - shared room||1.040,00 €|
|Senior scientist affiliated to UIBK - single room||1.090,00 €|
|Senior Scientist affiliated to UIBK - shared room||940,00 €|
|Junior Scientist - shared room||590,00 €|
|Travel Grant Applicant||0,00 €|
|Invited Speaker or Member of the Organizing Committee||0,00 €|
By registering for the event, participants (also referred to as 'you') are entering an agreement with the Course Organizer(s) and you are indicating acceptance to the terms and conditions set out below.
Methods of Payment
Payments can be made either via bank transfer or via credit card (Visa, Mastercard or American Express). May you decide to pay via bank transfer, you will receive full information by email once you have registered. Bank charges are the responsibility of the participant and should be paid at source.
Following the payment, receipt of the transaction must be sent via email to email@example.com
Proof of payment must be received before the stated deadline. If you do not receive an ‘order confirmed email’ within 5 business days after sending your proof of payment / receipt of transaction, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration cancellation & refund policy
All registration cancellation requests should be sent to email@example.com in writing. For cancellation requests received on or before MAY 15, 2022, 11:59 pm (UTC+1), the full payment, less bank charges, will be refunded; for cancellation requests received on and after MAY 15, 2022, 11;59 pm (UTC+1), the full amount will be charged and no refunds will be made. No cash refunds will be made for credit card payments in the case of cancellation.
Travel and insurance
You must not attend the event if you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or are required to place yourself in quarantine. You should seek and follow the advice of your government, as well as the Austrian Coronavirus information before booking travel to the event and before travelling to the event. You are solely responsible for making your own appropriate travel and other insurance arrangements before booking travel. The Course Organizers and FEBS shall not be liable to you for any losses incurred as a result of travel restrictions being placed against you or against certain countries due to COVID-19.
Modification and cancellation of the event
The Course Organizers are intending to run the event as a physical meeting, but if they decide at any time that it is not possible to continue with a physical event due to pandemic or other such restrictions, the event may be postponed. The Course Organizers will give you as much advance notice as possible if such changes are necessary. The Course Organizers reserve the right to modify the Course programme, which is published as an indication only.
If postponement is not possible and the event is cancelled, the Course Organizers will refund you the registration fee less bank charges. Organizers may cancel the event as a result of circumstances outside of their reasonable control, including (but not limited to) pandemic, natural disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire or closure of airports. The Course Organizers also reserve the right to cancel the event due to disruption caused by COVID-19. Where possible, they will endeavour to provide reasonable advance notice of any such cancellation. Neither FEBS nor the Course Organizers shall be held liable for any other costs or losses incurred.
The Course organizers take all reasonable care in making arrangements, and shall follow all available guidance from the Austrian government in relation to making the event COVID-19 safe. They act only as agents in securing hotels, transport and travel services, and shall in no event be liable for acts or omissions in the event of injury, damage, loss, accident delay or irregularity of any kind whatsoever during arrangements organized through contractors. Hotel and transportation services are subject to the terms and conditions under which they are offered to the general public.
In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by the Course Organizers or FEBS, these parties shall not be responsible for any bodily injury, illness, death or property damages (including theft) sustained by participants during the event.
In any event, neither the Course Organizers nor FEBS accept liability for damages or costs in the event of bodily injury, death, property damage, illness, disruption to travel plans and costs incurred as a result of events outside of their reasonable control, including (but not limited to) pandemic, natural disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire or closure of airports.
Governing lawAny dispute resulting from the above terms and conditions will be subject to Austrian law, and by accepting these terms you are submitting yourself to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Austrian law.
- Applications Opening
19 NOV 2021
- Youth Travel Fund Grants
15 APR 2022
- Applications closing
MAY 15, 2022
- Closing times: 23:59 (UTC+01:00)